Online Master’s Degrees in Sports Psychology
Graduates may seek entry to upper-level employment or pursue additional education and enroll in a doctoral-level program in sports psychology. Master’s-level graduates may find employment opportunities in healthcare, fitness facilities, and sporting organizations.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree
- Program Length: One to two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment or Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 30% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum within an online master’s degree program in sports psychology may include major-specific courses and electives. Students enrolled in these upper-level programs may learn how to provide recreational athletes and fitness enthusiasts with mental training benefits as well as relaxation and goal-setting skills. Core sports psychology courses may include the following:
- Tests and Measurements
- Psychology Theories
- Performance Enhancement
- Applied Sport Psychology
- Mental Training Techniques
- Positive Psychology
- Cognitive and Affective Behavior
Graduates of online master’s degree programs in sports psychology may find career opportunities working for parks and recreation, healthcare, fitness clubs, and sporting organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for athletics trainers are expected to increase by 30% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Sport Development Manager
- Sport Psychology Assistant
- Athletic Program Manager
- Fitness Trainer
Graduates of online master’s degree programs in sports psychology may decide to further their education and enroll in a doctoral degree program. These research-heavy PhD programs may benefit those pursuing administrative, counseling, and coaching positions, and may provide students with in-depth knowledge on sports performance.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- MA in Psychology, Sport and Performance Psychology Specialization
- MA in Psychology, General Psychology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- MS in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Specialization
- MS Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- MS Political Science
- And more...