Online Master’s Degrees in Public Administration
Upon completion of the program, students may either seek employment or advance their career by enrolling in a doctoral degree program. Master’s level graduates may gain employment in public services, government programs, non-profit organizations, social service programs, or public relations.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree
- Program Length: One to two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment or Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for master’s-level degree programs in public administration may include core classes along with chosen electives and a capstone course. These classes may teach students how to allocate funds and resources, utilize current technology in public sector agencies, and evaluate public programs for effectiveness. Core online public administration coursework may include the following:
- Personnel Management
- Methods in Public Administration
- Strategic Planning
- Public Sector Management
- Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- Program Evaluation
- Personal Accountability in Public Service
Master’s-level graduates may seek employment in human resources, finance, social services, community programs, and political organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, social and community services management employment is projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Senior Grant Administrator
- Public Service Administrator
- Political Affairs Officer
- Human Resources Director
- Community Services Manager
Students who successfully complete a master’s degree may have the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree program. A doctoral degree in public administration may provide students with enhanced public leadership skills and perform research to create and implement new community programs.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration - Governmental Management
- Master of Public Administration - General MPA
- And more...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. Over the years, we've seen the improbable made possible. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- MBA Public Safety Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MA Public Policy: International Affairs
- MA Public Policy: Campaigns and Elections
- MA Public Policy: Public Administration
- And more...