Online Master’s Degrees in Sports Medicine
Upon graduation, students may either seek employment or pursue a doctoral degree in sports medicine. Master’s-level graduates may seek employment at universities, sports organizations, rehabilitation centers, recreation facilities, and sports wellness programs.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree
- Program Length: One to two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment or Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 30% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for master’s-level sports medicine degree programs may consist of specialized health-related courses alongside major-specific courses. These courses may teach students how to prevent and treat exercise-related injuries, provide emergency care, and plan and implement sports wellness programs. Core sports medicine courses may include the following:
- Sport Nutrition
- Advanced Function Human Anatomy
- Health Science Leadership
- Health Behavior and Therapeutic Exercise
- Advanced Exercise Science
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Manual Therapy for Athletic Trainers
Master’s-level students may pursue employment in fitness centers, universities, physician offices, secondary schools, and recreational sports centers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, athletic training employment opportunities are projected to increase by 30% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Athletic Trainer
- Exercise Physiologist
- Sports Medicine Program Coordinator
- Wellness Coach
- Sports Nutritionist
Students who successfully complete a master’s-level degree in sports medicine may wish to continue their studies by enrolling in a doctoral program. A doctoral degree in sports medicine may prepare students for an academic career in athletic training and kinesiology.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MS Sport Management
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis