Online Master’s Degrees in Curriculum & Instruction
Graduates may either seek employment or further their education by enrolling in a doctoral degree program. Master’s-level graduates may gain employment in state education departments, government programs, local school districts, private schools, and universities.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree
- Program Length: One to two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment or Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 20% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for master’s-level curriculum and instruction degree programs may include select curriculum and instruction courses alongside core specialization coursework. These courses may teach students how to utilize curriculum models to develop innovative lessons, provide effective leadership skills in schools, and provide an environment conducive to learning. Core curriculum and instruction courses may include the following:
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Foundations of Educational Leadership
- Curriculum Mapping
- Instruction and Assessment
- Educational Diversity
- Research in Education
- Educational Technology
Master’s level graduates may pursue career opportunities at district education departments, non-profit organizations, universities, state education departments, and public school systems. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in curriculum and instruction are projected to increase by 20% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Instructional Coordinator
- School Principal
- Curriculum Specialist
- Curriculum and Test Developer
- Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Students who successfully complete a master’s degree program in curriculum and instruction may choose to enroll in a doctoral degree program. Doctoral degree programs in curriculum and instruction may provide students with enhanced training in educational research and curriculum mapping, and may teach students how to lead and evaluate curriculum and instruction in the education system. Employers may require individuals to hold a master’s degree for select positions in curriculum and instruction.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Instructional Design & Technology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Instructional Technology (K-12)
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Teacher Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
- And more...