Online Master’s Degrees in Communications
Upon graduation, students may seek employment or further their education and enroll in a doctoral-level program in communications. Master’s-level graduates may find employment opportunities in marketing, corporate communications, and public relations.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree
- Program Length: One to two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment or Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 21% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum within an online master’s degree in communications may include major-specific courses and communications-based electives. In these upper-level programs, students may learn how to conduct research in communication, understand certain leadership styles, and develop strategies for dealing with conflict. Core communications courses may include the following:
- Mass Media in Modern Society
- Interpersonal Communication
- Persuasive Storytelling
- Public Relations Concepts and Strategy
- Communication Theory
- Rhetorical Criticism
- Research Methods in Communication
Graduates of online master’s in communications may find jobs in marketing, advertising, copywriting, public relations, media management, and social media. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for those pursuing careers as public relations managers and specialists are expected to increase by 21% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Public Relations Manager and Specialist
- Advertising Manager
- Media Manager
- Account Executive
Master’s-level graduates may pursue additional education and enroll in a doctoral-level program in communications. In these research-heavy PhD programs, students may gain additional skills pertaining to mass communication and help them obtain leadership positions.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MA Communication - New Media and Marketing
- MA Communication - Health Communication
- MA Communication - Public Relations
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Communication - Strategic Communication
- Master of Arts in Communication - Political Communication
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Communication
- And more...
- Public Relations, Master of Arts (Online)
- New Media Journalism, Master of Science