Online Law Degree Programs
Students who graduate with a diploma, certificate, or degree in law and justice may plan to pursue a career in law enforcement, the judicial system, or government security. Programs may equip individuals with the training to seek employment as a police officer, federal agent, attorney, or a private investigator.
Available Degree Levels
- Career Diploma: Varies
- Certificate: One to two years to complete
- Associate Degree: Two years to complete
- Bachelor’s Degree: Four years to complete
- Master’s Degree: One to two years to complete
- Doctoral Degree: Three to five years to complete
Online career diplomas in law and justice are available in specialties such as criminal justice, paralegal, and private investigation. Possible courses include criminal law, investigation business basics, and legal research and writing.
A certificate program may provide students with specialized knowledge in a focus area of law and justice. Certificate programs may provide students with or without a college degree the opportunity to receive training in areas such as criminal law and justice, law and legal processes, and law enforcement. Coursework for some programs may include administrative law, criminology, and juvenile law.
Online associate-level degree programs may provide students with basic knowledge surrounding the social justice system and social sciences. Coursework may include criminal procedure, technical report writing, and law enforcement planning and justice.
Bachelor’s degrees may prepare students to become professionals in the field of law and justice by providing a well-rounded education through the integration of general education classes and advanced core courses. Students may choose to major in areas such as criminology, criminal justice, and law enforcement and justice administration. Possible courses may include victimology, traffic administration, and criminal procedures.
A master’s degree in law and justice may be suitable for those planning to further their career by fine-tuning their knowledge of the law in order to advance to management or leadership positions. Students may choose to study justice and public policy or criminal justice, and some individuals may choose to enter law school. Coursework may include criminal justice policy development, effective organizations, and legal theory.
Doctoral-level programs in law and justice are geared towards professionals who want to become an authority in their area of study. Individuals who are interested in entering into a doctoral program may choose a focus area to study, such as justice and society, criminal justice, or law and policy. Possible coursework may include public policy theory, contemporary criminological theory, and criminal justice policy.
Graduates of law and justice programs may seek employment in industries such as corrections, law enforcement, homeland security, and technology. Law and justice programs may provide students with the ability to argue the law, conduct and evaluate evidence, and organize an effective team.
Possible career fields include:
- Private Investigator
- Police Officer
- Criminal Detective
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- M.S. in Administration of Justice and Security/Law Enforcement Organizations
- B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration
- B.S in Criminal Justice Administration/Cybercrimes
- And more...
- Now school comes to you, making earning your college degree a real possibility.
- Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University.
- Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree you've always wanted.
- Knowledge is everywhere, for everyone.
- BA/Social and Criminal Justice
- BA/Social and Criminal Justice - Political Science and Government
- BA/Law Enforcement Administration
- And more...