Online Doctoral Degrees in Public Administration
Those who successfully complete the program may seek senior-level public administration employment in their chosen specialization. Doctoral-level graduates may find employment in political associations, government, academia, special interest groups, and non-profit organizations.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level public administration degree programs may include research-heavy core coursework along with dissertation preparation classes. These classes may teach students how to utilize coursework, research, and technology to devise action-based solutions to community issues. Core online public administration courses may include the following:
- Principles of Organization Theory and Practice
- Global and Diverse Societies
- Public Administration and Community Collaboration
- Public Needs Assessment and Planning
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Public Administration Research
- Theories of Leadership and Public Administration
Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment in universities, special interest groups, non-profit organizations, government organizations, and political associations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, social and community service management employment is projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Government Relations Manager
- University Professor
- Political Strategist
- Economic Development Director
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Public Administration - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Public Administration - D.B.A.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration, DBA