Online Doctoral Degrees in Teaching
Upon completion of the program, students may seek teaching employment in their chosen subject area. Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment in school supervisory departments, public school systems, private schools, charter school districts, state education programs, and universities.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 20% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for an online doctoral-level teaching degree programs may include dissertation preparation courses as well as core teaching coursework. These courses may provide students the opportunity to research the issues and theories of literacy development, student discipline, and testing models and practices. Core teaching courses may include the following:
- Educational Research Methodology
- Developing Instructional Strategies and Curriculum
- The Role of the Teacher Practitioner
- Identifying Teaching and Learning Styles
- Teaching and Learning Foundations
- Multiple Intelligences
- Leadership for Student Achievement
Doctoral-level graduates may seek career opportunities in public school districts, universities, government programs, charter schools, and private education programs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, instructional and curriculum development employment opportunities are projected to increase by 20% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Post-Secondary Educator
- Instructional Coordinator
- School Principal
- District Superintendent
- School District Director
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Higher Education (EDD)