Online Doctoral Degrees in Health Education
Upon completion of the doctoral degree program, students may have the opportunity to seek entry to upper-level employment. Doctoral-level graduates may pursue employment in community wellness, healthcare facilities, state health programs, case management, and at universities.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 37% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level health education degree programs may include dissertation research courses and core health education classes. These classes may teach students how to design community health outreach programs, perform epidemiology research, and write grants for health education funding. Core health education classes may include the following:
- Mental Illness as a Public Health Issue
- Advanced Theory and Practice in Behavioral Science
- Health Program Evaluation
- Principles and Practices of Community Organization
- Health Communication Research
- Physical Activity and Health
- Planning and Administration of Health Programs
Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment in community wellness programs, healthcare facilities, universities, federal healthcare education programs, and in case management. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in health education are expected to increase by 37% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- University Professor
- Obesity Specialist
- Health Program Administrator
- Wellness Program Coordinator
- Public Health Educator
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Higher Education (EDD)