Online Doctoral Degrees in Educational Leadership
Upon completion of the program, students may seek entry to upper-level employment in their chosen field. Doctoral-level graduates may find employment in universities, public school districts, adult education programs, technical colleges, and government education programs.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 10% (2010-2020)*
The coursework for doctoral-level educational leadership degree programs may integrate research-heavy seminar courses along with core classes. These classes may teach students how to lead and facilitate organizational change, make sound policy decisions, and develop the mission of an organization. Core educational leadership program classes may include the following:
- Leadership Styles and Reflective Practice
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Leadership and Applied Ethics
- Administrative and Policy Leadership Issues
- Change Theory and Practices
- Financial and Legal Leadership Issues
Graduates of doctoral-level programs may pursue employment in adult education programs, public school districts, community colleges, government education agencies, and non-profit organizations. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment opportunities in educational leadership to increase by 10% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Education Administrator
- University President
- Operations Director
- District Teacher Development Coordinator
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- Teacher Leadership (EDD)
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Educational Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Instructional Leadership - PhD in Education
- And more...