Online Doctoral Degrees in Early Childhood Education
Upon completion of the program, students may seek entry to upper-level employment in the education field. Doctoral-level graduates may find career opportunities in local school districts, universities, charter schools, childcare centers, and private education facilities.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 25% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level early childhood education programs may consist of research-dense dissertation courses alongside core early childhood education coursework. These courses may teach students how to identify learning difficulties, gain an understanding of the development of individuals, and utilize innovative education technology. Core early childhood education classes may include the following:
- Learning and Instruction
- Educational Organizations and Contexts
- Principles of Social Change
- Social Change in Education
- Assessment and Accountability in Education
- Innovation and Change in Education
- Theories of Intelligence, Learning, and Motivation
Doctoral-level graduates may explore career opportunities in district administration, education supervision, post-secondary education, public school systems, and charter school districts. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in childhood education are expected to increase by 25% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Childcare Center Director
- University Professor
- Academic Administrator
- State Education Administrator
- Education Research Analyst
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Early Childhood Education - PhD in Education
- Early Childhood Education - EdS
- Early Childhood Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology