Online Doctoral Degrees in Curriculum & Instruction
Graduates may seek entry to upper-level employment in the education field. Doctoral-level graduates may find employment in higher education, district administration, public and charter schools, post-secondary education, and adult education.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 20% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level degree programs may include select research-based dissertation courses as well as core education coursework. These courses may teach students how to evaluate current curriculum, conduct research to develop enhancements to curriculum, and lead educational organizations. Core curriculum and instruction courses may include the following:
- Principles of Education Administration
- Teacher Supervision and Evaluation
- Advanced Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Research Methods
- Advanced Instruction and Assessment
- Educational Philosophy and Change
- Education and the Law
Doctoral-level graduates may pursue opportunities in adult education, public schools, charter schools, post-secondary education, and school district offices. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in curriculum and instruction are expected to increase by 20% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- School Administrator
- University Professor
- Instructional Coordinator
- Director of Instruction
- Director of Assessment
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Instructional Design and Technology
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Instructional Leadership - PhD in Education
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Curriculum and Teaching - PhD in Education
- And more...