Online Doctoral Degrees in Education Administration
Upon successful completion of the doctoral-level program, students may seek entry to upper-level employment within the educational system. Doctoral-level graduates may find gainful employment in state-wide school districts, federal education programs, charter schools, public schools systems, and private schools.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 10% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level education leadership degree programs may include research-based dissertation courses alongside core education administration classes. These courses may teach students how to enhance higher-level education in communities, write and submit professional education grants, and develop appropriate assessment methods for education systems. Core education administration courses may include the following:
- Education: Purpose, Theory, and Practice
- Educational Research Methods
- Principles of Education Administration
- Leading Diverse Schools
- Special Education Administration
- Teacher Evaluation and Supervision
- Curriculum Development
Those who complete a doctoral-level degree program in education administration may pursue career opportunities at universities, public school districts, state education departments, charter school districts, and federal education programs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in education administration are projected to increase by 10% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- District Superintendant
- University Professor
- School Principal
- Admissions Director
- Curriculum Director
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- International Education - Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- EdD - Learning Analytics in Higher Education
- Educational Leadership - Doctor of Education
- And more...