Online Doctoral Degrees in Non-Profit Management
Upon graduation, students may seek employment in their chosen non-profit capacity. Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment opportunities in government programs, charitable organizations, non-profit organizations, and social service programs.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level non-profit management degree programs may combine dissertation research courses, electives, and major coursework. These courses may teach students how to identify diverse population needs, develop and manage budgets, and analyze statistical data to determine the impact of service programs. Core non-profit management classes may include the following:
- Strategic Fund Development
- Financial Analysis and Reporting for Non-Profit Leaders
- Leading Resource Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Non-Profit Legal Issues
- Strategy and Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Innovation and Future Trends in the Social Sector
- Advanced Fund Development Philosophy and Practice
Doctoral-level graduates may pursue employment opportunities in charitable organizations, advocacy organizations, government, non-profit organizations, and social services organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in social and community service management are projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Chief Development Officer
- Executive Director
- Fundraising Director
- Foundation Director
- University Professor
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision - Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration - International Non Governmental Organizati
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management - D.B.A.
- General Business - D.B.A.
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its seven colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Undergraduate Studies, The Art Institute of California and Western State College of Law as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (DBA) (Online)
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Management
Keiser University offers accredited degree programs in today's in demand careers: Healthcare, Technology, Paralegal, Business, Nursing and Legal Studies.
- Doctor of Business Administration, DBA
- Doctorate of Business Administration