Online Doctoral Degrees in Non-Profit Management
Upon graduation, students may seek employment in their chosen non-profit capacity. Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment opportunities in government programs, charitable organizations, non-profit organizations, and social service programs.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level non-profit management degree programs may combine dissertation research courses, electives, and major coursework. These courses may teach students how to identify diverse population needs, develop and manage budgets, and analyze statistical data to determine the impact of service programs. Core non-profit management classes may include the following:
- Strategic Fund Development
- Financial Analysis and Reporting for Non-Profit Leaders
- Leading Resource Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Non-Profit Legal Issues
- Strategy and Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Innovation and Future Trends in the Social Sector
- Advanced Fund Development Philosophy and Practice
Doctoral-level graduates may pursue employment opportunities in charitable organizations, advocacy organizations, government, non-profit organizations, and social services organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in social and community service management are projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Chief Development Officer
- Executive Director
- Fundraising Director
- Foundation Director
- University Professor
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Non Profit Leadership
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Doctor of Management General Concentration (Executive Format)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Business Administration, DBA
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.