Online Doctoral Degrees in Non-Profit Management
Upon graduation, students may seek employment in their chosen non-profit capacity. Doctoral-level graduates may seek employment opportunities in government programs, charitable organizations, non-profit organizations, and social service programs.
- Prerequisite: Bachelor’s Degree at minimum
- Program Length: Three to five years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Employment
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for doctoral-level non-profit management degree programs may combine dissertation research courses, electives, and major coursework. These courses may teach students how to identify diverse population needs, develop and manage budgets, and analyze statistical data to determine the impact of service programs. Core non-profit management classes may include the following:
- Strategic Fund Development
- Financial Analysis and Reporting for Non-Profit Leaders
- Leading Resource Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Non-Profit Legal Issues
- Strategy and Performance in Non-Profit Organizations
- Innovation and Future Trends in the Social Sector
- Advanced Fund Development Philosophy and Practice
Doctoral-level graduates may pursue employment opportunities in charitable organizations, advocacy organizations, government, non-profit organizations, and social services organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in social and community service management are projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Chief Development Officer
- Executive Director
- Fundraising Director
- Foundation Director
- University Professor
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision - Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration - International Non Governmental Organizati
- And more...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Psychology, Non-Profit Management
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- Doctor of Business Administration