Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Information Systems
Graduates may seek out entry-level employment or pursue additional education and enroll in a master’s degree program in information systems. Bachelor’s-level graduates may find employment opportunities in government, finance, it, and insurance.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Four years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Master’s / Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 18% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum within an online bachelor’s-level program in information systems may combine general education requirements alongside major-specific courses and electives. Select programs may be available with concentrations, such as healthcare informatics, new media communications, and information system security. Students enrolled in these four-year programs may take classes such as:
- Database Systems
- Programming Languages
- Advanced Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Information Systems Security
- Business Data Communications
Graduates of online bachelor’s degree programs in information systems may find career opportunities in financial, government, manufacturing, insurance, and computer systems design. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for those pursuing careers as computer and information systems managers are expected to increase by 18% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Database Architect
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Software Developer
- Web Administrator
Graduates of online bachelor’s-level programs in information systems may opt to further their education and enroll in a graduate-level degree in information systems. These upper-level programs may provide students additional training and skills on information technology, and they may take courses on technical aspects of information systems.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Information Technology - Business
- BS in Business Administration - Information Systems Management
- AAS in Business Administration - Information Processing
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology - General
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Information Systems Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Information Technology (BS) (Online)
- Information Technology (AS) (Online)