Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Public Administration
Upon completion of the program, students may either seek entry-level employment or enroll in a graduate degree program. Baccalaureate-level graduates may seek employment in government, human services, finance, healthcare, and public relations.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Four years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Master’s / Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 27% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for baccalaureate-level degree programs in public administration may integrate general education requirements, electives, and core coursework. Core courses may teach students how to prepare budgets, coordinate emergency services, and create a sustainable community. Some online public administration classes may include the following:
- American Politics
- Disaster Recovery and Response
- Public Fiscal Management
- Public Administration
- Community Economic Development
- Sustainable Communities
- Municipal Government Organizations
Baccalaureate-level graduates may gain employment in a variety of sectors including public relations, human resources, government agencies, finance, and social services. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, social and community services management employment is projected to increase by 27% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Program Development Specialist
- Public Affairs Coordinator
- Human Resources Associate
- Project Coordinator
- Public Relations Representative
Those who successfully complete a baccalaureate degree may have the opportunity to further their education by enrolling in a graduate degree program. A graduate degree in public administration may provide enhanced communication, leadership, and decision-making skills.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Administration - Sales Management
- And more...
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Business (Bachelor's)
- Business (Associate's)