Online Bachelor’s Degrees in International Business
Upon completion of the degree program, students may either seek entry-level employment or enroll in a graduate-level degree program. Baccalaureate-level graduates may pursue employment in direct investing, imports, exports, trades, operations, and foreign currency management.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Four years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Master’s / Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 15% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for baccalaureate-level international business degree programs may include general education requirements alongside core business courses and electives. These courses may teach students how to identify cultural differences, analyze the cause and effect of international trade patterns, and interpret international financial statements. Possible international business courses may include the following:
- International Economics
- Principles of Management
- International Managerial Accounting
- Cultural & Political Environment of International Business
- Business Law
- Human Relations in Administration
- Strategic Management & Policy
Baccalaureate-level graduates may seek opportunities in imports, exports, global operations management, licensing, and supply chain management. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities are expected to increase by 15% from 2010-2020*.
Possible careers include:
- Foreign Currency Investment Advisor
- Supply Chain Manager
- International Trade Manager
- International Marketing Analyst
- International Development Manager
Successful graduates of a bachelor’s degree program in international business may have the opportunity to continue their education by enrolling in a graduate-level degree program. Graduate degree programs in international business may provide students with advance training in global management, international communication, and management of cross-cultural departments. Employers may require potential candidates to hold a bachelor’s degree at minimum in order to work in upper-level international business positions.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Administration - Sales Management
- And more...