Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Human Resource Management
Upon completion of the bachelor’s degree program, students may either seek entry-level employment or pursue a graduate-level degree. Baccalaureate-level graduates may gain employment in non-profit organizations, retail management, consulting, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Four years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Master’s / Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 13% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for baccalaureate-level human resource management degree programs may include a combination of general education courses, selected electives, and major courses. These online classes may teach students how to manage staffing of an organization, insure employment law compliance, and assist employees with work-related issues. Core online HR courses may include the following:
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Legal Issues in Human Resource Management
- Compensation and Benefits Management
- Change Management
- Employee Training and Development
- International Human Resources Management Issues
- Employee and Labor Relations
Baccalaureate-level graduates may seek employment in many industries, including manufacturing, retail management, government, healthcare, and education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, human resource management employment opportunities are projected to increase by 13% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Human Resources Manager
- Labor Relations Manager
- Payroll Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Training and Development Manager
Those who successfully complete a bachelor’s degree program may wish to continue their education by enrolling in a graduate degree program. A graduate degree in human resource management may prepare students to take a leadership role in the strategic planning and project management within an organization. Employers may require a bachelor’s degree at minimum for entry-level employment in human resource management.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration
- And more...
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Business (Bachelor's)
- Business (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's)