Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Communications
Upon graduation, students may either seek upper-level employment in a communications position or enroll in a graduate degree program. Students who graduate from bachelor’s degree programs may gain employment in social media, marketing, journalism, public relations, and media.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Four years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Master’s / Doctoral Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 21% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for bachelor’s-level communications degree programs may combine general education requirements alongside core communications courses. These courses may teach students how to speak publicly, become efficient in both verbal and non-verbal communication, and utilize social media in order to get a message to its intended audience. Core communications courses may include the following:
- Communications for Business Professionals
- Persuasion and Social Influence
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Organizational Communication
- Advanced Public Speaking
Bachelor’s degree graduates may explore career opportunities in media, public relations, advertising, healthcare, and marketing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in communication are expected to increase at a rate of 21% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Public Relations Specialist
- Technical Writer
Successful graduates of a bachelor’s degree program in communications may have the opportunity to further their education by pursuing a master’s degree. A master’s degree program in communications may provide students advanced skills in public speaking, strategic communication, and global marketing. Employers may require a bachelor’s degree for upper-level communications positions.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Arts in English - Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - New Media/Internet Marketing
- Media Communications, Bachelor of Science (Online)