Online Associate Degrees in Computer Science
Upon successful completion of the program, students may either pursue entry-level employment in their specialized field or continue their studies by enrolling in a baccalaureate degree program. Associate-level graduates may seek employment in software development, education, finance, insurance, and government programs.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Bachelor’s Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 12% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for associate-level computer science degree programs may include select general education requirements along with core online computer science based coursework. These classes may teach students how to develop and manage computer applications, databases, and computer networks. Core online computer science courses may include the following:
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Introduction to Web Design
- Introduction to LAN Technologies
- Introduction to IT Security
- Desktop Publishing
- Systems Administration
- Microcomputer Operating Systems
Associate-level graduates may seek career opportunities in healthcare, accounting, finance, information technology, and computer design. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in computer programming are projected to increase by 12% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Computer Programmer
- Network Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Data Communication Analyst
- Information Technology Specialist
Those who successfully complete an associate degree may wish to continue their studies by enrolling in a baccalaureate degree program. A bachelor’s degree in computer science may provide enhanced skills in project management, web design, and computer networking.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Information Technology-Multiplatform Software Development
- AAS in Information Technology
- BS in Information Technology - Multiplatform Software Development
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology - General
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Information Systems Technology
- And more...