Online Associate Degrees in Sports Management
Upon graduation, students may either seek entry-level employment or transfer to a baccalaureate program. Associate-level graduates may seek employment in educational settings, sports and recreation facilities, and sports organizations.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Bachelor’s Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 29% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for associate-level sports management degree programs may consist of some general education classes alongside major-specific courses. These courses may teach students the current trends and issues in the sports industry, effective sports management principles, and the fundamentals of sports law. Core sports management classes may include the following:
- Business Computer Applications
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Olympic Games
- Sports Psychology
- Sport Coaching
- Sociology of Sports
Associate-level graduates may gain employment in universities, sports recreations centers, sports marketing firms, civic organizations, and sports organizations. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities in coaching and scouting are projected to increase by 29% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Sports Agent Assistant
- Program Coordinator
- Sports Marketing Assistant
Students who successfully complete an associate-level sports management degree program may have the opportunity to continue their education by transferring their credits to a baccalaureate degree program. A bachelor’s degree in sports management may provide students with advanced skills in human resources management, project management, and marketing.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
- And more...
- Sports Marketing and Media, Bachelor of Science
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- And more...