Online Associate Degrees in Human Resource Management
HR associate-level graduates may either seek entry-level employment or enroll in a bachelor’s degree program. Associate-level graduates may seek employment in various sectors including small and large business, manufacturing, retail management, education, and healthcare.
- Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
- Program Length: Two years to complete
- Post-Grad Options: Entry-Level Employment or Bachelor’s Program
- Projected Employment Growth: 21% (2010-2020)*
The curriculum for an associate-level degree in human resource management may include some general education courses as well as core HR classes. These classes may provide students with the skills they need to effectively recruit, evaluate, and train the personnel of an organization. Core online human resources coursework may include the following:
- Introduction to Business
- Human Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Employment Law
- Training and Development
- Business Ethics
- Compensations and Benefits
Associate-level graduates may seek a career in a variety of industries including retail management, healthcare, manufacturing, government, and finance. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, human resources specialist employment opportunities are projected to increase by 21% from 2010-2020.*
Possible careers include:
- Human Resources Specialist
- Training and Development Assistant
- Benefits Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
Students who successfully complete an associate degree may wish to continue their studies by transferring to a baccalaureate program. A bachelor’s in human resource management may provide an in depth look at employment laws, hiring strategies, and interpersonal communication techniques.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- BS in Business Administration - Human Resources
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Human Resource Management
- Associates in Business Management
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Business (Associate's)
- Applied Management (Associate's)
- Business (Bachelor's)